The customer is a privately held, US based unified communications equipment manufacturing company, that designs, builds, and installs sophisticated IP phones, business media phones, audio and video gateways and servers.
New product development, feature implementation, enhancement, platform enablement and product bring-up for IP phones, enterprise media phones
Tata Elxsi’s solution
- Project 1
- Complete IP phone development & QA for the customer including design, development, testing, and market release, field issue handling, bug fixing, patch releases, QA lab setup at ODC with all materials/equipment procurement, budgeting & feature road map planning.
- Project 2
- Development of a next generation collaboration tablet phone and business media phone via an ODC team
- The team contributed in the areas of Android UI applications and also in the area of Spark core platform development
- The ODC team worked on two major new Linux based development projects 96x1 H.323 R 6.0 and 96x1 SIP Phone R 6.0
- Tata Elxsi ODC team has also started work on Customer 1x Client platform in June 2010. This client platform framework enables integration with various Customer SIP endpoints to communicate with Customer session manager server.
- Tata Elxsi has set up an Offshore Development Centre (ODC) dedicated to this customer and having full control over the project activities. The ODC acts as a customer’s extended development office/ labs in Tata Elxsi premise
- Tata Elxsi also has enabled innovation in terms of designing latest business media phones on the latest platforms providing touch based control features
- Steady team ramp up during the years have ensured the release of the IP phone in the market in time
- Tata Elxsi has been working successfully with the Customer for almost 6 years with offshore team strength of 150+ engineers. Tata Elxsi has successfully completed over 25+ projects on various product lines