As part of our Automotive Futuring showcase at the Consumer Electronics Show, 2015 - Las Vegas we displayed some next-generation Multi-Modal Infotainment solutions. The intuitive HMI showcases how gestures as well as voice can be integrated in the in- vehicle systems to create a rich driving experience. By using a digital instrument panel cluster and an in - vehicle infotainment screen, users can interact by using touch, gesture and voice commands.
The solution provided focuses on user needs while driving and displaying the right information at the right place and time to avoid user distraction. Constraints like bright ambient light, surrounding noise were some factors that were taken into account while designing to minimize the cognitive load and ensure user attention is not deviated from the road while driving.
Scope of work:
- Background study and benchmarking of existing infotainment and digital clusters
- UX strategy and innovation
- Information architecture for the application
- Creation of specific use-cases
- Creation of wireframes & task flows
- Visual design and aesthetics
- Visual asset creation
- Design support during implementation
- HMI validation testing