Information We Collect
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the domain names, not the e-mail addresses, of visitors. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our site and to improve the contents. Your accessing our site signifies your unconditional consent to allow the collection of your domain names.
There are times, when we may need your information such as:
- Your name:
- Email Id:
- Telephone/Mobile Number:
The above information is collected from you, if you:
- Contact us via post, email or telephone and provide any personal data
- Complete online contact form
How We Use Your Personal Data:
The personal information we collect is used only by us to:
- Respond to your inquiry, process an order or allow you to access specific information;
- Provide our services;
- Maintain back-ups of our databases and communicating with you;
- Perform contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract;
- Protect the security and safety of our website;
- Communicate with you and personalize our communications with you;
- Execute other activities such as marketing campaign, promotional communications for which consent is taken appropriately or another appropriate lawful basis for the processing is identified. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from TEL by email, SMS, post and telephone or other means of communication;
- Ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution;
- Conduct data analytics studies to review and better understand customer satisfaction and needs.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the policy, where this is required or permitted by law.
How Data Will Be Shared:
We may share or disclose your personal information:
- to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our parent/ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
- where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
A technology called cookies may be used to provide you with tailored information. A cookie is a tiny element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Registering with any TEL business unit online signifies your unconditional consent to receive such cookies.
At times we conduct on-line surveys to better understand the needs and profile of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will try to let you know how we will use the information at the time we collect information from you on the Internet.
You may accept or decline the cookies used by our Websites by modifying the settings in your browser - view the help menu to change your cookie preferences. If cookies are disabled, this may mean that you are not able to take full advantage of all the features on our site.
Link to Other Sites:
Tata Elxsi's website may contain links to other sites such as Tata Elxsi’s partners and affiliates. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
Principles of GDPR:
You recognize and understand that there is no compulsion on you to provide us with your personal information and any and all personal information provided by you to us is with your full consent, own volition and desire to provide such personal information. You are not obligated to provide your personal information to TEL, however, as it is required so that we can process your requests and meet our business obligations, we will be unable to provide you with our services without it.
You also understand that we are under no obligation to verify the source from which the personal information about you is provided to us, and they are deemed to be provided by you, unless you demonstrate to us within a period of fifteen days from the date of providing of such information to us, to our satisfaction, that the information was provided to us without your free consent.
You have the right to access personal information that we hold or process about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data is being held
- The purposes of the processing the information
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
You have the right to request erasure of your personal data or restrict processing the data in accordance with the data protection law or object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use. If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as we use.
If we receive a request for any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure. If you create an online account with us, you are able to modify and update your own personal information by logging into your user account.
Where We Store And Process Personal Data:
Personal data collected by TEL may be stored and processed in your region, in India, and in any other country where TEL or its group companies, affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers operate facilities. The storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem.
We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this policy and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
We may transfer personal data from the European Economic Area to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Retention of Personal Data:
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We will only retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
Do We Need Your Consent?
We do not need your consent if we use special categories of your personal information in accordance with our written policy to carry out our legal obligations or exercise specific rights. In limited circumstances, we may approach you for your written consent to allow us to process certain particularly sensitive data. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. You should be aware that it is not a condition of your contract with us that you agree to any request for consent from us.
We reserve the right to update this privacy statement at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy statement when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any further questions or comments about us or this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org