Corporate Social Responsibility
Tata Elxsi aims to improve the quality of life of the communities we serve through long-term stakeholder value creation. Our CSR activities are designed to:
- Serve societal, local, and national goals in all the locations where we operate
- Create a significant and sustained impact on communities affected by our businesses
- Provide opportunities for Tata Employees to contribute to these efforts through volunteering
Tata Elxsi and its employees work hard to make a difference to the community in which we operate. “Social Activity Forum of Elxsians” (SAFE) is a team of volunteers that was formed in 2004 which initially started community work by adopting schools, providing scholarships to needy students, arranging outings, medical camps, providing nutritious meals, providing books, and other stationery to students from identified schools. Today we run two flagship programs in line with the two critical needs of our society.
Shiksha: This is a broad umbrella program for enabling education and research. Our visits to rural schools and local management institutions underscored the systemic shortcomings and the crying need to enable the right kind of education. We are aiming to impact the lives of 160+ students through these initiatives. Under this program, last year, we sponsored:
- UG studies for thirty needy girls from SC/ST communities for creating employability. This is the fourth year that we have been sponsoring.
- School education for fifty disabled children and ten orphan children.
- A unique, performance art-based holistic development center for Spastic children.
- As part of a two-year project, we have sponsored setting up an AI lab for IISc, which is being used for the new M Tech course IISc started on Artificial Intelligence.
- As part of a two-year engagement, we have sponsored IIT, Chennai for cutting edge research on areas of national importance like Network and System Analytics and application of AI/ML techniques, creating the Architecture and Building Blocks for the Next Generation Communication systems with a focus on Security, Functional safety and Verification of HW and SW systems in next-generation automotive systems. This proposal’s core goal is to develop deployable open source systems that companies can leverage as a foundation for their product development
Niramay: This program provides financial help for life-saving treatments primarily for neuro, heart, and cancer patients and running clinics for the needy. We are aiming to help upwards of 17500 patients each year. The activities undertaken as part of this program include:
- Engagement with seven Government and charitable hospitals across the country
- Running a set of clinics at a large slum in Bangalore
- Running mobile clinics to treat poor rural patients through a hospital
COVID-19 Relief Measures
At our very core, we always believed that the community is the very purpose of our existence. Therefore, the moment it became apparent that the community needs us to pitch in for COVID 19 relief, we earmarked a significant sum of our CSR funds and started identifying suitable opportunities and alliances. So far, these are the initiatives we have undertaken:
- Delivered 35000 surgical masks, 8500 N 95 masks, 100 PPE kits, 1250 Litres of Sterilium liquid, and 5250 liters of Sodium Hypochlorite solution to Sassoon Hospital, Pune through Sumant Moolgaokar Development Foundation, run by Tata Motors, to enhance the COVID-19 preparedness for the isolation wards and ICU for the hospital.
- Enabled Bangalore Baptist Mission hospital to procure Masks, Gloves, Aprons, PPE Kits, Corona Kits, Sanitizers, Surgical supplies and also helped them to reach out to the community for arresting the spread of COVID-19 infections.
- Sponsored food for migrant workers in Mumbai during the lockdown period through Taj Public Service Welfare Trust.
- Provided food to all the doctors and support staff of Victoria Hospital, Bangalore during the lockdown, through Taj Public Service Welfare Trust.
- Sponsored the cost of two ventilators to General Hospital Trivandrum.
Provided Masks, Gloves, Aprons, PPE Kits, Corona Kits, Sanitizers, etc. to Government Medical College, Trivandrum.