The customer is a leading Tier-1 Japanese wireless infrastructure OEM.They also operate in other business segments of product engineering & development such as consumer electronics, financial services, automotive systems etc.
The customer wanted to develop a LTE Femtocell product for the consumer segment. They were looking for a vendor who had capabilities to take the product from concept to field testing with the operator network.
Tata Elxsi’s Solution
The LTE Home eNodeB solution developed for the customer utilized the 3GPP Rel-9 compliant LTE protocol stack developed by Tata Elxsi. The solution was completed in two stages:
- In the first stage, basic integration and system realization was done using COTS H/W platform
- In the second stage, the solution was ported onto the custom platform where Tata Elxsi handled platform porting activities, apart from solution migration
Apart from the Femtocell solution, Tata Elxsi added value by integrating advanced features, and scheduling customizations for interference mitigation and IOT validation.
This program presented lots of challenges starting with understanding the project and demo from customer, technical challenges and complexity. Due to the team’s focus and hard work, Tata Elxsi was able to deliver the solution successfully.
A major challenge apart from technical challenges was the optimal hardware and setup utilization. The team worked dedicatedly for extended hours to ensure this challenge posed minimal risk to the delivery of the solution.
Tata Elxsi successfully helped the customer in design & development of the LTE Femto cell product, migrated it to the target hardware, performed EMS integration and field testing.
Some of the key highlights of the solution are:
- Tested for peak throughput of 46Mbps in downlink and 15Mbps in uplink
- User scalability was tested for up to 32 users
- Included complex scenarios like multi-user handover and multi-user/ multi-bearer full-load verification
- Development of Network Management System (NMS) to enable remote management of the Femtocell device
- Our DSP expertise significantly reduced time to market for solution development & integration
- It enabled the customer to integrate advanced features into the product, thereby offering a differentiated product in a highly competitive market
- The solution supports all the required interfaces for further porting and optimization to future LTE technologies and other SoC platforms
- The solution’s flexibility allows user and throughput scalability to be further enhanced based on the requirements
Home eNodeB development
Development of LTE Home eNodeB solution for a tier1 OEM
Narrow Band Long Range (NBLR) modem for utilities
Enhancing the standard to meet wide area IP data needs of mission critical industries
Broadband tactical mobile radio
Development of a product for tactical communication on battlefield
Macro/ Micro eNB Development
Development of LTE base station, IOT and EMS integration for US OEM
Mobile Compliance and Test-Pack Development
VoLTE test pack development for a Tier-1 US based T&M OEM
LTE Solution for Public Safety
Development of PMR Base Station for Tier-1 European OEM
E2E VoLTE Feature testing
ROHC Integration & VoLTE/ IMS testing for US-based Infrastructure OEM
16x20 MIMO Baseband Unit Development
Development of FPGA based baseband unit for leading Indian defence organisation