The solution for Collaboration and Communication Over Internetworking Protocol
Tata Elxsi, the embedded product design and development arm of the Tata Group has come up with Soft Video Phone framework for online collaboration.
This flexible framework can be installed from a binary file in the PC, tablets or handheld devices allowing the corresponding OEMs provide a cost effective application for video call and messaging.
The embedded version can also be ported to the existing platforms of communication devices. This will enable the communication chipset manufacturers to support A/V calling and messaging feature on their platform itself. Service providers can make use of the browser based cloud version.
The solution has been ported and tested on various Operating Systems. Being a SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) based solution this framework uses RTP (Real Time Transport Protocol) for media transmission.
Key Product Features
- Peer to peer Audio Call
- Peer to peer Video Call
- Multiple Line (5 line)
- Call Hold
- SIP Registration
- Locally Stored Address book (Contact, System and Network details)
- Call History (Time, Duration, Received-Missed-Dialed)
- Local Camera Capture Display
- Active Network Detection
- Camera Connection Detection
- Short Cut to System Volume Control
- Multi Hosted Network Detection
- Ported on Multiple Hardware Platform and enabled support for various OS
|TI DM 6446, OMAP 3530, Broadcom, Intel X86, HP iPAC|
|Embedded Linux, YDL Linux, Windows Mobile, Android, MAC, Windows XP/ Vista/ 7|
- Phone Initiation Time – Less than one second
- Camera Detection time – 77.12 Millisecond
- Network Detection time – 2.47 Millisecond
- Call detection and user display – 16.474 Millisecond
- Time to disconnect – 41.302 Millisecond
- Local Video Display delay – Less than 120 Millisecond (less than human eye perception time)
- Video Frame Transmission rate – 20 Frames per second
These performance figures indicated here are measured on Windows XP OS, Intel Core Processor and 1GB RAM system
The solution is targeted for the Consumer Electronics, SOHO, VoIP segment Service providers and SoC manufacturers Allowing them to introduce the online communication feature on their products and value services.
Tata Elxsi Advantage
- Readily available solution on Windows Mobile and Android
- Ready and off the shelf AV Codecs – one stop solution for the entire suite
- Availability of the browser / cloud enabled phone for a cost effective solution for the multi service providers
- Availability of the solution on OMAP Board, which is widely used for handheld devices
- Tata Elxsi can design the look and feel of the UI as per the preference, business requirement and target segment of the customer