Infotainment Head Unit
Software component development & Integration on Infotainment Software framework.
The customer is a famous Automotive major in the USA.
The framework provides a software architecture, which enables the easier development of software components such as UI applications, middleware, and device drivers for the Telematics and Infotainment product lines. This framework is ported to various operating systems including QNX (Other operating systems include Linux, WinCE, Integrity and VXWorks). Tata Elxsi has developed & integrated software components for multiple aftermarket infotainment product lines, which run on the QNX operating system.
Scope of Engagement:
- Infotainment System platform requirements capture
- Defining of the Infotainment system architecture
- Development of Infotainment system specification
- Component supplier assessment support for the OEM
- HMI development & simulation
- Development / Integration of the software middleware
- Detailed Infotainment system specification design
- Development of HMI application
- Preparation of Design verification plan
Tata Elxsi’s in depth expertise in several Infotainment and Telematics projects was the major highlight of this supplier association with us. Our extensive knowledge in HMI development and simulation was well accepted by the supplier and went ahead to redefine the complete HMI part of the existing Infotainment Head Unit.