Tata Elxsi builds its teams around your domain and technology requirements, offering specialized services and solutions that meet the distinct needs of your business.
Our deep-set commitment to our customers define how we do business, and our experience working across industries underpin the vast array of services we offer.
Tata Elxsi’s understanding of your industry, combined with the in-house expertise across technologies and domains, allows us to more efficiently address your product engineering needs with proven solutions that incorporate industry best practices. We support your product development and business goals with the right engagement models that match the size and scale of your operations. Whatever your business needs or aspirations, we have the in-depth knowledge, world-class processes and standards, and relationship-based approach to put the right solution in place.
Offshore Competency Centre (OCC)
Tata Elxsi’s OCCs provide the customers with an access to a dedicated pool of resources offering the flexibility to ramp up or scale down based on work demands. Built on Tata Elxsi's Inside the Box™ Processes and Methodologies for product design, our OCCs ensure high quality of work products, 100% knowledge retention, and up to 65-70% savings in R&D costs.
On-site Consulting and Deployment
Tata Elxsi provides highly skilled on-site resources at customer sites / R&D centers to help customers reduce product development/test and QA cycles, or to strengthen the existing team. Our engineers serve as a natural extension of the customer workforce and in realizing project goals.
Fixed Bid Contracts
Tata Elxsi undertakes fixed price contracts in situations where the project scope/deliverables are clearly defined. Together we analyze and discuss your requirement thoroughly in order to minimize midway changes and then undertake to deliver all the components of your requirements at a fixed price. Our significant offshore base and multi-site delivery capabilities ensure 24x7 value generation and cost effective product development.
Time and Material Contracts
This model establishes two rates – rate for engineer time (typically expressed as a rate per hour, workday or person-month) and the cost of direct materials used i.e. software, hardware components, development tools, lab and test equipment etc.
The T&M business model is particularly suitable in contexts where projects are complex and embodied by unclear specifications, or requires a very high degree freedom of system design changes at mid project stages. It is also suitable when:
- Project involves new emerging technologies or R&D where project requirements keep evolving during execution
- Business process or workflows have not been defined properly
- Project requires integration with other third party environments or other dependancies
- Project involves developing solutions for new yet untested hardware or software components
- Project requires continuity with regard to support and enhancements (maintenance engineering or sustaining engineering)
Tata Elxsi offers "Flexi Model" that allows a mix of fixed and T&M pricing. This provides customers with the best of two business models, allowing for a switch from one to the other based on the stage of the project, clarity in scope and deliverables
Here is an example of where and how the Flexi Model can be employed:
- Customer wants to engage Tata Elxsi in a new product development activity where scope and integration challenges cannot not be clearly identified at the start of the project. In such cases, we can engage in a T&M model with a core team that works with the customer team to resolve scope, deliverables, approach and schedule. Once there is sufficient clarity on these parameters, Tata Elxsi then submits a Fixed Bid price for the rest of the project.