These days the E/E systems of vehicles are complex and growing rapidly to bring in more and more features to the end user. The size of software present in a modern high end car will be well over 100 million lines. Moreover, future technologies indicate the necessity of ISO 26262, with autonomous vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles hitting the headlines. ISO 26262:2011 is the state-of-the-art standard for functional safety of E/E systems for passenger vehicles. The standard addresses possible hazards caused by malfunctioned behavior of E/E safety-related systems and their interactions.
Tata Elxsi implements the ISO 26262:2011 standard for development of safety critical E/E Systems across the development phases. Tata Elxsi has a team of Safety Engineers who are experienced in the development of safety critical systems in different domains with compliance to standards like IEC 61508, DO-178B, DO-254, ARP 4761 & 4754, CENELEC 50126, 50128, 50129, and AREMA. The Quality Management System supports the implementation of ISO 26262:2011 standard and the required processes, guidelines, checklists, tools, and templetes are available to development teams.
Our expertise includes:
- ISO 26262:2011 compliant automotive systems design and development, including hardware, software elements
- Training on ISO 26262:2011, with case study and examples
- Bringing in ISO 26262 compliance to legacy software
- Model based development with ISO 26262 compliance
- Functional safety verification and validation activities
- Gap analysis against a targeted ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level)
- ISO 26262 consultancy, including process definition and deployment
- Development of SEOOC components – Safety Element Out Of context - system, hardware, or software elements